The Hong Kong Financial Services Development Council believes that in view of factors such as digitalisation, the outbreak of the pandemic, shift in geopolitics, and changes in customer perception, financial institutions have to rethink their business models and priorities. The two major trends of financial technology and environmental, social and governance (ESG) are in the ascendant and gradually becoming the top priorities of many stakeholders and market participants in Hong Kong.
ESG training is particularly vital to the development of ESG in Hong Kong, thus we also hope to do our best. We have established a channel dedicated to sharing ESG training resources. At the initial stage of this programme, the training cases of this channel mainly build upon the sustainable development strategies and guidelines of leading and ambitious companies from Greater China to the international stage. By studying and benchmarking good ESG practices in various cases, we hope to inspire ESG promoters to have a brainstorm and develop more ESG solutions that are suitable for their positions.
Since its establishment, GreenCo has been focusing on improving ESG data collection, corporate ESG information disclosure, and integrating research results published by different international ESG organisations (including TCFD, SASB, GRI and ESG scoring agencies) and actively promoting widespread adoption and application of useful innovations and tools. At present, most of the cases are sorted and edited by our internal researchers. In the future, we hope to obtain more training resources and case sharing through collaboration with many more organisations and professionals that desire to share their sustainability achievements and stories.
The platform can be used directly through our website for free without registration. The free and easy-to-access training resources are limited to non-commercial use, and the content is protected by intellectual property rights. Without permission, it is not allowed to copy, sell, or distribute the content of the training project on this website. Maintaining the operation of the platform currently mainly relies on GreenCo’s internal resources. In the future, we hope to gain more support from official agencies, business and professional associations that would like to contribute to and promote the development of ESG.
- The length and time are appropriately designed and controlled. Normally the training time for each case is half an hour or one hour
- In each case, we will interpret the core elements through questions and answers to help participants grasp the key points
- After completing the training and answering the relevant questions correctly, training participants can get an electronic certificate issued by the GreenCo system, which is convenient for recording the training hours (CPD Hour) to meet the training hours requirements by the professional societies for their members
- We do not guarantee ESG is an acceptable training topic for every professional bodies. Member of respective professional bodies should check with the requirements for qualified CPD/CPT activities. Some professional bodies leave it for the professional judgment of their members.
- The web-based training platform is compatible with desktop computers, tablets and mobile phones